Readiness and School Placement of an Internationally Adopted
Instructor Dr. Boris Gindis
Unit 1: What
is school readiness?
- The issue of school readiness in contemporary
- The specificity of readiness issues in international
- The age of adoption and risk factors for
Unit 2 :
How do we estimate school readiness?
- Criteria of readiness for a child.
- Benchmarks and checklists for a child.
- Criteria of readiness for a school.
- Benchmarks and checklists for a school.
- School readiness issues or special education
- Special education placement checklist.
- Current practices in the academic
placement of international adoptees.
- Arguments for age-appropriate placement.
- Arguments against age-appropriate placement.
- Dr. Gindis's recommendations.
- Been there, done that! Parents' experiences
- School placement cases and their discussion.