the child's social interactions
Why is it important to videotape social interactions?
The pattern of interactions of a child with the adults
and peers can facilitate an early detection of different delays
in social skills and adoptive behaviors development usually associated
with Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), Autism, or Asperger's
What to record?
- The reaction of the child on a caretaker or other
adult, who just entered the room.
- The reaction of the child on a caretaker leaving
- What does the child do if left alone for some
- How does the child react on the attention of an
adult: is he/she indifferent, exited, shy, curious, scared, aggressive,
- How does the child play when in a group of peers?